Point Nemo is officially known as “the oceanic pole of inaccessibility,” or, more simply put, the point in the ocean that is farthest away from land. 2
which region is part of which
The list prioritizes how users identifies themselves as “from a certain region”. Historically and culturally, people living in Hong Kong and Taiwan first identify themselves as “from Hong Kong” or “from Taiwan”. If the listing makes it easier for users to find their respective locations then that’s the way it will be listed. This is unrelated to “which region is part of which”.3
The XY problem
- User wants to do X.
- User doesn’t know how to do X, but thinks they can fumble their way to a solution if they can just manage to do Y.
- User doesn’t know how to do Y either.
- User asks for help with Y.
- Others try to help user with Y, but are confused because Y seems like a strange problem to want to solve.
- After much interaction and wasted time, it finally becomes clear that the user really wants help with X, and that Y wasn’t even a suitable solution for X.4